Monday, November 23, 2009

What a way...

to start a new day.

Lemme see, t'was a good morning. Hd woke up at a little bit passed 5 for milk, and right after that, he went back to sleep trying to cuddle next to me(aw....)
So, right after he went back to dreamland, I went out since its already 5.45am, and was about time for my ride. Turned on the 411 and "Assassins" was on. A great show by the way, no matter how bad it flunked in the box-office. I thought Antonio(he's always great at playing character's that looks desperate) and Sly was good in it.
Anyway, back to my day. Got on my bike and gears, and zoom.. on my way. The time was 6.00am on my clock. Since its so darn early decided to try my luck and go for a longer route instead. Decided to try and reach KK and back. Rode on,..
Suddenly, about 10+km out, i felt my front wheel getting heavy and saggy, like it was dragging mud. Which was impossible, since I'm on tar and in the main road. Check on my wheel and tada!
The thing that never happened to me, decided to happen on my first attempt to go far on my morning ride. A bloody puncture! It wasn't really flat yet, but the air is really running out..
It's like.. 6.45am, the sun's not up yet, I have to be home and to get ready to go work like in 7.30am. Sheesh! No spare tubes, no pumps. What luck.
Turn back immediately right after that, tried going as far I could with the fast escaping air. Couldn't go far, less than 500m and I'm flat out of air. At that point, I tried running with the bike,(Ala, IRON MAN style) but couldn't get far with it.
So, in the end, I decided, WTH,.. just rode on with it. Managed to get 10 - 15km/h on it. God knows what will happen to the front wheel after that. Got home at 7.30am. Got myself ready for work.. played with Hd for awhile.. and was out.
And that was my day so far. It would've been okay, if there weren't this ridiculous speed trap that is on the highway while I'm on my way to work and it even managed to snap my face while I was running 120km/h on a 90km/h highway.

traded mosquitoes for flat tire's.

there was a lot of tiny tiny mosquito/insects under this lamp..

No comments: